GODFREY-L&C’s Office of Sustainability, CJD e-Cycling and the Riverbend Growth Association (RBGA), will host a community eWaste drive from 9 a.m. to noon Friday, April 20, and Saturday, April 21, in the Tolle Lane parking lot across from L&C’s Godfrey campus.
CJD e-Cycling will take most items for free, providing community members with a secure, Earth-friendly option for discarding used electronics.
The following is a sampling of the items that will be accepted:
- Computers, printers, cables and peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
- Fax machines, scanners, digital converter boxes, cable receivers, satellite receivers
- Video game consoles, digital video disc player/recorders, portable digital music players
- Networking equipment, server, telecommunications, phones, cell phones, clocks, etc.
- VCR, stereos, and audio/video equipment (including cable/satellite)
- Holiday lights, metal decorations and metal furniture
- Electrical, cabling, communication machinery, and equipment
- Home electronics, blenders, toasters, irons, etc.
- White goods: washers, dryers, dishwashers, furnaces, etc.
- Medical equipment and all types of diagnostic equipment. (Call to verify Equipment)
- Industrial machinery and equipment (including power and gas equipment)
- Lawn equipment, tools, old mowers, tillers, etc.
- Air conditioners, refrigerators, and humidifiers
- Old motors, non PCB type transformers and other electrical equipment
- Car and rechargeable batteries and lead items
- Non-ferrous metals
- LCD Monitors ( flat screen)
- LCD TVs ( flat screen)
- Voucher program for TVs, depending on size it will cost $5-$30 for people to recycle CRT, projection, plasma and console TVs
The following are items that will not be accepted:
- Radioactive materials
- Hazardous Materials (Oil/Antifreeze/Paint)
- Non-Electronics (Tires/wood/asbestos/office waste/furniture/fiberglass/insulation/Roofing/Dirt)
- Flammable Materials
- Other Hazardous Materials (Pesticides/Oil Filters/Air Bags/Lead/Mercury Switches/Fluorescent Lights)
- Explosives (Fire Arms/Ammunition/Shells)
- PCBs (Capacitors/Transformers/Ballast)
- DVDs and CDs, cassette tapes, VHS tapes
The following are items that are accepted only on a limited basis:
- One CRT monitor per tower (CRT monitors without tower will be charged a fee of $5-$10.)
For more information, contact Keener at (618) 468-2782 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.