GODFREY – Lewis and Clark Community College hopes to match area residents with employers throughout the Metro East during the college’s annual job fair this Spring.
The event, which has typically drawn more than 300 attendees each year, will welcome the public from 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, April 4 in The Commons on the college’s Godfrey campus.
“We have some new employers this year, which offers job seekers a wider array of employment opportunities. Our goal is to contribute to our area’s increasing job growth rate (IDES, 2012). There will also be L&C representatives and area agencies on hand to assist attendees with all of their job-seeking needs,” said Alice Bunjan, manager of L&C Career and Employment Services. “We recommend that individuals come dressed in professional attire with their resumes in hand, ready to interview and fill out applications on the spot.”
Some of this year’s employers include:
- Alton H&R Block
- Beverly Farm
- Blue Dog Publishing
- CDS - Customized Distribution Services, Inc.
- Challenge Unlimited
- Community Work Incentives - DHS/DMH
- Cookie Lee Jewelry
- Cope Plastics, Inc.
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR)
- Express Employment Professionals
- Extra Help, Inc.
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Hoyleton Youth & Family Services
- IETC - East Alton
- IL Dept. of Corrections - Juvenile Justice
- IL Dept. of Transportation
- IL Dept. of Veterans' Affairs - Alton
- Kinder Morgan
- Madison Co. Employment & Training
- Meridian Village
- PartyLite Gifts
- Prairie State Generating Company
- Primerica Financial Services
- Prudential Insurance Company
- SCF Lewis & Clark Fleeting, LLC
- The Bank of Edwardsville
- The Job Center
- United States Marines
- United Way of Greater St. Louis
- US Air Force Reserves
- USDA, Rural Development
- Veterans Assistance Commission of Madison County
- Whelan Security
For more information, contact Bunjan at (618) 468-5500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Web editor/Media specialist
Lewis and Clark Community College - FO 2522