EDWARDSVILLE — On June 18 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Chestnut Health Systems and Lewis & Clark Community College Mannie Jackson Center for Humanities will host an ex-offender job fair at the Nelson Campus, Leclaire Room 600 Troy Road, Edwardsville.
“We all make mistakes, and everyone deserves a chance at a starting point for a prosperous career and fruitful life, especially if they are willing to put forth the action to make necessary and positive changes,” said Ty Bechel, Chestnut Health Systems, recovery and employment specialist for the Madison County Drug Court.
Dr. Ed Hightower, executive director of the Mannie Jackson Center for Humanities, supports the ex-offender job fair.
“This program supports such MJCH projects as Second Chance Saturdays which brings judges and attorneys together to review offender records, clearing records as possible,” Hightower said. “Last year that project served over 200 individuals.”
Sandra Ray with Madison County Employment & Training said they are happy to participate in this important event. MCETD works with businesses to provide on-the-job training opportunities for individuals, including returning citizens. The department has funding for vocational education and provides services and resources to assist job seekers.
Participating in the job fair are the following employers/programs, with a few tables still available.
• SWIC Construction Program — East St Louis
• East Alton DRS
• Connections for Success
• Witte Brother’s Trucking
• Chestnut Health Systems Integrated Wellness (Project Wellness and IPS)
• Challenges Unlimited
• Express Pros
• Higher Levels
• All The King’s Men
• Taco Bell
• St. Louis University – Transformative Workshop Academy
• Lewis and Clark Community College – YouthBuild and Career Pathways
• St. Louis Job Corps
• Automotive Technology Institute (ATI)
• Bella Milano
• Neighborhood Law Office (Expungement)
• Lewis and Clark Community College — Welding and Trucking Programs
• Madison County Employment and Training
• SIUE Veterans Upward Bound Program
For more information contact Ashley Amburn, Chestnut’s Vocational Services Coordinator at 618-416-2825 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jim Wallis, Director of Public Affairs, at email@example.com or 618-975-0188.
Link to story