LC Alert:

L&C's campuses are closed, due to a statewide "stay at home" order. Look for ongoing information and updates about L&C's response to COVID-19 at

  • Frequently Asked Questions &
    Digital Resources

    We've created this page to help answer your questions and supply you with digital resources to use in these uncertain times. Please browse the categories or search this page using control+F and a keyword to find the information you're looking for. If you have a question and you cannot find the answer on this page, email us at and we will find an answer for you.

    Need to contact a specific department or faculty member? Search the L&C online Directory.

    L&C Directory

    Advising & Enrollment

    Enrollment Services, (618) 468-2222,

    Is campus open?
    As of 5 p.m., Saturday, March 21, all L&C campuses are closed due to the statewide "stay at home" order. Campuses will remain closed until the order is lifted.

    Can I meet with an advisor?
    Advisors are available to connect with students online and over the phone. Please call (618) 468-2222 or email to make a virtual appointment. If you know your advisor, you can contact them directly.

    Will I still be able to enroll for classes?
    Yes, we are currently enrolling for Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021. Registrations can be completed via phone, through a Lewis and Clark email account, or through Student Planner.

    How will transcript requests be handled?
    Transcript requests can be completed through Student Planner.

    Assessment Center

    Jennifer Churchill-Allen, Coordinator, Assessment Center, (618) 468-5240,
    Joel Watson, Specialist, Assessment Center, (618) 468-5220,
    Melissa Mullen, Office Assistant, N.O. Nelson campus, (618) 468-5851,

    Is the HESI test date being moved?
    The HESI exam will be delayed until further notice. Please check the Nursing Department home page,, for more information.


    L&C Bookstore, (618) 468-2268,

    Is the bookstore open?
    Many Bookstore services are available online at In order to facilitate the learning process and make your eLearning experience more dynamic, the Bookstore is offering options to supplement and support your efforts.

    1. FREE Online Shipping Offer: Visit the Bookstore website for Free Shipping on all items with no minimum purchase. This includes various formats of course materials, supplies, apparel, technology and more.
    2. Access to eBooks AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE: Visit the Bookstore website to gain access to eBooks at no additional charge with your email address. You can access up to 7 eBooks for the designated period free of charge.
    3. Free Shipping on Rental Returns & Deadline Extensions: The Bookstore is offering free shipping return labels and is also extending the non-return period without penalty to assist with increased returns by mail. Click the COVID-19 message on the home page of the Bookstore website.

    Bursar's Office

    Denise Roth, Specialist, Bursar's Office, (618) 468-3314,
    Destiny Kwas, Specialist, Bursar's Office, (618) 468-3313,

    How do I make a payment on my student account?
    Payments can be made online at After logging into BlazerNet and accessing the Students menu, you will find a Billing and Payments section. From there, options exist to Make a Payment, View Account Activity, or Create an Installment Plan. Tuition, fees and fines can be paid by MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express. There is no fee for this service.

    How can I access my payroll check for student employment?
    For all accounts in good standing/without restriction, checks will be mailed.

    I've been de-registered for non-payment. How do I re-enroll?
    You can re-enroll by contacting the Enrollment Center, or by contacting your advisor by phone or through your Lewis and Clark email account.

    If I register for a class, how can I pay?
    Payments can be made online at After logging into BlazerNet and accessing the Students menu, you will find a Billing and Payments section. From there, options exist to Make a Payment, View Account Activity, or Create an Installment Plan. Tuition, fees and fines can be paid by MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express. There is no fee for this service.

    How can I access my 1098-T tax form?
    Instructions to access your 1098-T electronically as well as other information regarding this IRS form can be found at If you have additional questions, please direct them to or call (618)468-3444 and leave a message. You can expect to receive a response within 24 hours.

    Campus Events

    Paige Lemasson, Coordinator, Campus Events, (618) 468-3270,

    Is the Alton Area Tax Project still operating on campus?
    No. The Alton Area Tax Project is currently closed. Please follow the organization on Facebook for news and updates.

    Career Services

    Is resume help still available?
    Yes, call Career Services at (618) 468-5503 or email to schedule a phone appointment for resume assistance.

    College for Life/Supported College Transition

    Rosie Ellington, Program Coordinator, Supported College Transition, (618)468-5701,
    Kay Werner, Instructor, College for Life, (618)468-5701,

    Are College for Life classes cancelled?
    Yes. Because of the nature of our program, we are unable to continue to deliver instruction online and will need to cancel the rest of the semester for our students. A letter has been mailed to all students at the address on the student's college record with more information.

    Will I get a refund?
    Yes. We are working on processing refunds at this time. A check will be mailed to the address listed on the student's record. Please contact Rosie Ellington or Kay Werner to verify the address we have on file if you aren't sure where the refund will be mailed.

    Can I still register for summer fun (Godfrey) and fall classes (both locations)?
    Yes. We are able to process registrations over email and phone at this time. Please contact Rosie Ellington at (Godfrey) and Kay Werner at (N.O. Nelson) to schedule an appointment.

    I miss my friends and teachers. How can I keep in touch?
    We have a College for Life Facebook group where we can continue to share things. This would also be a good time to learn something new, like using Skype or Zoom and have a group chat. We will post information on using these tools in our Facebook group soon.

    Community Education/Non-Credit Courses

    Becky Moore, Division Assistant, Community Education, (618) 468-5701,

    Are my personal enrichment classes/my child's non-credit classes canceled?
    All non-credit classes beginning in March or April have been canceled.

    Is the pool open?
    No. The Hatheway Cultural Center, including the pool, is currently closed. If you or your child are taking a swim class, please contact Swim Coordinator Kathy Conlee at


    Renee Bauer, Counseling, (618) 468-4125,

    Can I speak to a counselor on campus?
    Our counselors are not seeing students face to face during this time but will be able to assist you over the phone. Please call (618) 468-4121 to schedule an appointment or email a counselor directly. Renee Bauer can be reached at Terri Austin can be reached at
    If you are experiencing a crisis and need emergency help, please visit or call 1-800-273-8255 to reach the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.

    Dining Services

    How long will the cafes be closed?
    As long as our campuses are closed, the cafes will be closed. Stay tuned for updates.

    Disability Support

    How can I get help with accommodations due to a disability?
    Please email your academic advisor, Emily DeGrand, at for help with accommodation support.

    Financial Aid

    Financial Aid, (618) 468-2223

    Are you still processing financial aid?
    Yes, financial aid processing is continuing. Advisors have access to student records and can conduct a phone appointment in the same manner as a face-to-face session. If a student prefers, the advising session can be conducted through Blackboard Collaborate (please contact the Financial Aid at 468-2223 to set this up). Many financial aid questions can also be answered via email. Students can log into Self Service and see which advisor to contact to submit their questions or concerns. Students are urged to call their advisor or the Financial Aid office to schedule an appointment or if they have any questions.

    When will I find out if I am eligible for aid?
    The Financial Aid office will notify you via U.S. Mail and Lewis and Clark email regarding eligibility. Summer award information will be available in mid-April. Eligibility for the 2020-2021 academic year will be announced in May.

    When/how will I hear if I am being awarded a scholarship for 2020-2021?
    Awards will be announced April 10 and recipients will be notified through their Lewis and Clark email address.

    What if I need to drop a class?
    First contact your Financial Aid advisor by phone or through your Lewis and Clark email account prior to dropping a class to ensure the withdrawal will not impact your financial aid. The withdrawal process can then be completed by contacting your academic advisor via phone or through your Lewis and Clark email account.

    Will the second 2020 spring loan disbursement go out?
    Yes, the second disbursement is scheduled to be released the week of April 6.

    Information Technology

    Blackboard (Online Classes)

    Student Email



    L&C Catalog

    Academic Calendar

    LC Alert (Make sure your contact info is up to date)

    What if I don't have internet access?
    Free WiFi is now available in the parking lot next to Security on L&C's Godfrey Campus for students, faculty and staff who need to access it. The network is called "LC-Wireless" and no password is needed. You must bring your own device and continue to follow social distancing guidelines by staying in your car and away from others. Campus is closed, so there are no restrooms available nearby.

    Library Services

    Is the library open?
    No. Campus is currently closed.

    How can I access the library's resources?
    IMPORTANT: You will need to log in to access full-text articles and electronic books using the 14-digit number on your Student ID. If you don't know your number, log into BlazerNet, select "My Library ID Number" and find your number next to "Library Badge ID." If you need help, contact the Library.

    What if I need help with research?
    You can work with our librarians in the following ways:

    Online Classes

    How do I access Blackboard?
    Blackboard can be accessed at Use your BlazerNet username and password to log in.

    How do I get help using Blackboard?

    Media & Creative Services

    Is the Print Shop running?
    The Print Shop is currently closed. If you need assistance, please contact Monica Furlow at or Korin Fisher at

    Is Media Services still available to help with promotions?
    We are working virtually, and are available from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Contact Laura Inlow at

    Security On Campus

    Campus Safety (618) 468-2300 or Dial "2300" from a campus phone
    Brad Raish, Director, Campus Safety, (618) 468-3160,

    Is Campus Safety on campus?
    Campus Safety will remain on campus 24 hours a day and available at the Security Building or by calling (618) 468-2300. At this time, essential personnel only will be on campus, and there may be limited access to buildings and certain exterior areas. Please understand that Campus Safety is doing this for everyone's safety.

    Student Activities & Engagement

    Jared Hennings, Coordinator, Student Activities, (618) 468-6400,

    Will we have Spring Fest?
    No. Spring Fest has been canceled.

    Student Success Center

    Writing Desk,
    Science/Math Resource Center and STEM Resource Center,
    Communications Lab/Trimpe Lab,
    Career Resource Lab,
    Psychology Study Center, or
    Online Paper Submission, or

    Is the Student Success Center open?
    The Student Success Centers are not able to provide face to face tutoring at this time, but you can access some of our services virtually.

    Can I meet with a tutor?
    We have several ways for you to interact with a tutor virtually: over the phone, email, synchronous sessions via Blackboard Collaborate and online paper submission (OPS). Please visit for further information on how to contact a tutor and schedule an appointment.

    Student Work-Study Program

    Will I get paid if the college is closed because of COVID-19?
    It is the intention of the College to continue paying Federal Work Study and Institutional student workers who are actively employed this semester. Contact your supervisor for more information.

    Workforce Education Solutions & Safety Training (WESST)

    WESST, (618) 468-5787
    Dawn Zedolek, Program Coordinator, WESST, (618) 468-5785,

    Are your workforce education and safety programs still running?
    Some programs of this department will be moving online or rescheduled to a later date. For all questions about safety training or any other workforce certifications and educational programs, please call (618) 468-5787 and leave your name and complete phone number (repeat twice) and someone will return your call.