• High School Partnership

    Dual Credit

    What if you could earn college credit while taking some of your high school courses? With L&C's High School Partnership/Dual Credit program, you can.

    The program offers qualified high school students the opportunity to take transfer courses and/or career-occupational courses for dual credit through a joint agreement between the college and their high school.


    The program is offered at a reduced rate which is significantly less than traditional college tuition and fees.

    You'll be acquainted with college-level work and gain a better understanding of what's expected in a college course.

    The college credits you earn may be transferable to another college or university.

    You'll save on college tuition. Depending on the college or university you attend, dual-credit courses will transfer as core requirements or as electives. Either way, it means fewer college courses to pay for. (Contact the college or university you plan to attend to learn more about how they apply transferred credit. Some vocational courses may not transfer at all.) To learn more about how credit transfers between colleges in Illinois, visit

    How to Enroll

    To enroll in most High School Partnership courses, you must score appropriately on the reading comprehension portion of the College Placement Test. (Some courses also require a sentence skills test and/or a math test). This multiple-choice test is administered online and is scored immediately. Most students complete the test in less than an hour.

    Your Grades/Transcript

    The grades you earn in dual credit courses are recorded on both your high school and L&C transcripts. You may have your transcript sent to colleges or universities of your choice at no charge. For more information about transcript requests, call the Enrollment Office at (618) 468-2222.

    Withdrawal Dates

    If you decide that you do not want college credit for your course for whatever reason, you may withdraw with a “W” on your transcript by the withdrawal date. Withdrawal requests MUST be made in writing. See your teacher for a withdrawal form or call the L&C  Enrollment office at (618) 468-2222 or any of the Community Education Centers.

    Guidelines for Dual Credit

    Instructors must be qualified, whether they are high school or community college teachers. Transfer course instructors must have a Master's degree in the discipline area and career/occupational instructors must have baccalaureate degrees in the discipline and related work experience.

    Students must meet all college criteria and follow all college procedures for enrolling in credit courses, including taking necessary placement tests.