Lewis and Clark Community College, the Lewis and Clark Community College and Monticello College Foundations, the Lewis and Clark Faculty Association, and other public and private organizations offer a variety of scholarships to assist students with funding their education. Listed below you will find various Lewis and Clark Scholarship opportunities and links to other scholarship sources.
Online Application Scholarships
Lewis and Clark's scholarship application process is now online. Click "Apply Now" to visit our scholarships portal and see everything available from the L&C Foundation and Financial Aid. Download scholarship list.
Apply for scholarships beginning October 1 for the following academic school year. Complete one short online application to be automatically matched with all eligible awards. Contact your Financial Aid Advisor for more information.
To apply, you’ll need an L&C user ID and password. If you have not already applied to the college, please do so at www.lc.edu/admissions. If you have applied and do not have your login info, contact our HelpDesk at (618) 468-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following applications need to be filled out separately:
Lewis and Clark Community College students who plan to transfer to University of Missouri – Saint Louis may receive tuition and mandatory fees for up to 15 credits hours in each of the fall and spring semesters and up to 5 credit hours in one summer semester. The Scholarship may be received for up to two years, not to exceed 60 credit hours. To be considered, students must have a GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale, have applied for graduation with an Associate in arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree and have received the degree before starting at UMSL, and be admitted to UMSL for fall semester by March 20th or for spring semester by October 15th. Scholarship applications are due to the L&C Financial Aid Office by March 1 (Fall transfers) and October 1 (Spring transfers). One student will be nominated by L&C each semester, and UMSL will contact awardees.
Calvin and Juanita Ritchey Whitlock Education Scholarship
The Whitlock Education Foundation was established by Calvin Whitlock to provide educational scholarships to students furthering their education at Lewis and Clark Community College in Godfrey, Illinois. The amount of money awarded will vary annually based upon available funds. Visit jerseystatebank.com for the application.
Visit https://www.isac.org/students/during-college/types-of-financial-aid/scholarships/ to find out more information about scholarship opportunities through the state.
L&C promotes two prestigious national scholarships; the All-USA Community College Academic Team Scholarship and the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship Program.
- All-USA Community College Academic Team Scholarship - L&C is able to nominate four outstanding students for the All-USA Community College Academic Team Scholarship. To be considered for nomination, students must first complete the attached application and submit it to the Financial Aid Office by October 15th. L&C nominees will compete for this scholarship with other community college students at the national level. Twenty students from around the country will be selected to the “National Team.” Each will receive a $5,000 scholarship, a commemorative medallion and be presented at the annual President’s Breakfast held during the American Association of Community Colleges Annual Convention.
You can find more information about this opportunity at https://www.ptk.org/scholarships/bachelors-degree/all-usa-academic-team/
- The top-scoring student from each of the fifty states will be named a “New Century Scholar” and will be presented at the AACC convention.
- Fifty students will be named “Gold Scholars” and will receive a $1,500 stipend.
- Fifty students will be named “Silver Scholars” and will receive a $1,250 stipend
- Fifty students will be named “Bronze Scholars” and will receive a $1,000 stipend.
- L&C nominees will be designated as “All-Illinois Scholars” and honored with other Illinois community college nominees at an annual banquet in April, held in Springfield, IL. L&C nominees will also be honored at the annual L&C Honors Banquet at the college in April.
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship Program - Online applications are available at www.jkcf.org/our-scholarships and are accepted from October to January. Applications are then reviewed and recipients are notified in April. The JKC Foundation Scholarship annually awards approximately 30 - 55 scholarships to outstanding community college students to pursue a baccalaureate degree at any accredited college or university in the U.S. or abroad. The Cooke Foundation provides up to $55,000 per year, making it the largest private scholarship for two-year and community college transfer students in the country. Scholarship amounts vary depending on the cost of tuition and other scholarships or grants received. L&C recipients will be honored at the annual L&C Honors Banquet at the College in April. Learn more.